C-A-T Combat Application Tourniquet GEN7, Black
C-A-T Combat Application Tourniquet GEN7, BlackDownload C-A-T GEN7 Instructions for use
Report C-A-T GEN6 vs Gen7
Report Single vs Double Routing
Since its combat introduction by the U.S. Army in 2005, the Combat Application Tourniquet – a true one-handed tourniquet – has decreased the mortality rate due to extreme exsanguination by 85%. The U.S. Army Institute of Research deemed it to be 100% effective.
Now, C•A•T Resources has developed the all-new C•A•T GEN7. Following extensive field reviews, the C•A•T GEN7 has been completely re-designed, making it the most effective Combat Application Tourniquet to date. The new GEN7 is simpler to use thanks to a single application protocol, single buckle routing system and further improvements to its components and construction.
Identical models available in black [tactical] and orange [First Responder]
FAST. SAFE. EFFECTIVE. THE GEN7 ADVANTAGE.
The Single Routing Buckle is a direct response to in-depth reviews of field and testing reports. Featuring a new single-routing buckle system, the C•A•T® GEN7 allows for simpler and faster application with more efficient slack removal resulting in decreased blood loss with fewer windlass turns.
WHEN EVERY SECOND COUNTS
Despite the proven effectiveness of the Combat Application Tourniquet®, the new C•A•T® GEN7 goes even further toward making it easier and faster to use. All six components of the Combat Application Tourniquet® have been re-designed and improved on the C•A•T® GEN7.
- Single Routing Buckle - Decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, simplified training with single protocol application standards.
- Windlass Rod - Increased diameter, enhanced strength, aggressive ribbing improves grip.
- Windlass Clip - Bilateral beveled entry, rapid windlass lock, bilateral buttress, added strength.
- Windlass Strap - New reinforced strap, gray color for tactical considerations (Black only).
- Stabilization Plate - Reinforced, beveled contact bar, improved comfort.
- Free-Moving Internal Band - Patented band within band, truly even distribution of circumferential pressure.